PEP Specialist Stream
The Practice Experience Program (PEP) is an Australian Medical Council (AMC) accredited education program for medical practitioners. The PEP Specialist Stream aims to support overseas specialist general practitioners and is supported by the Australian Government’s Stronger Rural Health Strategy for doctors working in MMM2 to MMM7 areas.
To start your application, you can click on the green ‘log in’ button on this page. You will need to have your RACGP ID handy to access the application form.
If you don’t have an RACGP account, you will first need to sign up to receive a unique user ID. The process will take approximately five minutes and then you can come back to this page to start your application.
There are three steps for commencing the program to attain Fellowship of the RACGP:
- Part A: Comparability Assessment application
- After assessment, a comparability outcome is determined as substantially, partially or not comparable. Outcomes deemed to be not comparable can apply for the PEP Standard Program.
- Part B: Job Offer Approval application
- Information about your job offer(s) in Australia (scope of practice and location) is reviewed by the RACGP. Once a job offer is approved, applicants can apply for AHPRA Medical Registration.
- Part C: Right to Work application
- Visa details and a form to request an RACGP provider number is completed.
The Non-Vocationally Registered Fellowship Support Program (Non-VR FSP) is funded by the Australian Government’s (Department of Health) Stronger Rural Health Strategy.